Books, Movies and Websites on PAS for Parents and Professionals
- Adams, Kim. Book: The Parentectomy: A Memoir. A Perspective on Rising above Parental Alienation. 2009, Xlibris Corporation.
- Baker, Amy J. EBook: Beyond the High Road, Offers advice for Targeted parents.
- Baker, Amy J. Book: Adult Children of Parental Alienation Syndrome: Breaking the Ties that Bind. What happens to children who are manipulated by one parent to turn against the other? Do these children ever figure it out and reconcile with their "lost" parent? Adult Children of Parent Alienation Syndrome presents answers based on research interviews with 40 adults who were alienated from a parent as a child.
- Baker, Amy J. Book: I Don't Want to Choose! How Middle School Kids Can Avoid Choosing One Parent Over the Other Dr. Baker is pleased to announce her latest book, co-authored with psychologist Dr. Katherine Andre written to provide middle school children with the tools and language they need to resist the pressure to reject one parent to please the other. This book is for kids, their parents and other caring adults in the lives of divorcing families. View the table of contents.
- Baker, Amy J. Book: I Don't Want to Choose! How Middle School Kids Can Avoid Choosing One Parent Over the Other.
- Baker, Amy J. Books: http://www.amyjlbaker.com
- Behary, Wendy T. Book: Disarming the Narcissist. This book has signs of recognizing a Narcissist as well as other information about how to deal with Narcissists.
- Birke, David. Movie: A Kidnapping in the Family. Made: 1996. Genre: Crime Drama. Stars: Kate Jackson, Tracey Gold Pairing ''Charlie's Angels'' star Kate Jackson with ''Growing Pains'' darling Tracy Gold — do you really need to know anything else about this movie to want to watch it? Just in case, here's the scandalous storyline: An over-the-edge mom doesn't think twice about making false accusations or kidnapping (or even worse) to get her grandson from her own daughter!
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) Family Forum Site. Link to a great forum about BPD. http://www.bpdfamily.com/discussions/message-board.htm
- Bryan, Mark. Book: The Prodigal Father. Trade Press. 2008.
- Burns, Dr. David Book: Cognitive Behavior Therapy. It provides some very good self-help information to help deal with our partners who are struggling with BPD and maybe it could help them too.
- Carnes, Patrick. Book: The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitive Relationships
Carnes describes PTSD in relation to Stockholm Syndrome, PAS,
as Trauma bonding
- Clawar, Dr. and Dr. Rivilin. Book: Children Held Hostage: Dealing with Programmed and Brainwashed Children
- Eddy, William. Book: High Conflict People in Legal Disputes. Summary: This book discusses the impact of High Conflict People (HCP) in legal disputes from the perspective of professionals working within the court system; however, those involved in litigation (petitioner or respondent) will also find it extremely helpful as it discusses strategies for discovery of evidence and presentation, as well as challenging distortions and lies introduced during court.
- Eddy, William. Book: The Explosive Child. Excellent read on how to Collaboratively Problem Solve with a child or even an adult who has difficulty with transitioning and changes.
- Egizii, J., 2009, Book: The Look Of Love, Seven Locks Press, Santa Anna, CA.
- Engel, Beverly. Book: The Emotionally Abusive Relationship - How to stop being abused and how to
- Evans, Patricia. Book: The Verbally Abusive Relationship. Gives helpful information on how to change your behavior patterns in response to the verbal abuse so that you gain strength and confidence, which in the end, this change in our reactions changes, the tone of the abuse.
- Forward, Susan. Book: Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You.
- Hotchkiss, Sandy. Book: Why Is It Always About You? Saving Yourself from the Narcissists in Your Life.
- Gottlieb, Dr. Daniel, Listen to Me, Your Child, Your Divorce. 2013
- Gottlieb, Linda, LMFT, LCSW-r, The Parental Alienation Syndrome, A Family Therapy and Collaborative Systems Approach to Amelioration. 2012, Charles Thomas Publisher, LTD, NY
- Jeffries, Michael and Dr. Joel Davies Book: A Family's Heartbreak A Parent’s Introduction to Parental Alienation. This is a quick fast easy to read and entertaining book. http://www.afamilysheartbreak.com/
- Kloth-Zanard, Joan. Where Did I Go Wrong? How Did I Miss The Signs? Dealing with Hostile Parenting and Parental Alienation. 2nd Edition. 2013, LuLu.com
- Kloth-Zanard, Joan and PAS Intervention, Broken Family Bonds: Poems and Stories of Victims of Parental Alienation, 2nd Edition, 2013
- Mason, Paul T., M.S. and Randi Kreger. Book: Stop Walking on Egg Shells: Taking your life back when someone you care about has Borderline Personality Disorder. This book actually is good for both the person with BPD and the people without BPD to read.
- Miller, JP. Movie: The People Next Door. Made: 1996. Stars: Fay Dunaway, Nicolette Sheridan, Tracy Ellis and Michael O'Keefe. In this one, the couple living next door to a single mother demonstrates alienation tactics and end up kidnapping two children. I found it to be a good depiction of how children are easily influenced and threatened into rejecting their own mother by their captors.
- Minas, Alan. Movie Short: A Morte Inventada. This little film is on the internet and though originally done in Portuguese, it is translated in English as well. Translated it means Fading Away. http://www.amorteinventada.com.br
- Psychology Today. Article: Narcissistic Personality Disorder, http://www.psychologytoday.com//conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder
- Reaves, John and James B. Austin. Book: How to find help for a troubled kid: A parent's guide to program and services for adolescents A resource book of treatment programs for children/adolescents.
- Richardson, Pamela. Book: A Kidnapped Mind. http://www.akidnappedmind.com/
- Roth, Kimberlee and Freda B. Friedman, PHD, LCSD,
Book: Surviving A Borderline Parent - How to heal your childhood wounds and build
trust, boundaries and self-esteem.
- Santoro, Joseph and Ronald Cohen. Book: The Angry Heart: Overcoming Borderline and Addictive Disorders; An Interactive Self-Help Guide It is a book and workbook all together that Helps you heal and find yourself. Dealing with psychotraumatic stress, borderline behavior patterns, psychotraumatic experiences, Borderline Zone, Recovery Exercise, Recovery Zone (more...)
- Simon, George K. In Sheeps Clothing. A Book that might help understand the Alienator.
- Single Care Team, Mental Health Stigma - How to Overcome itBY SINGLECARE TEAM | SEPTEMBER 1, 2019
- Stout, Martha, Ph.D, The Sociopath Next Door. A Book that might help understand the Alienator.
- Tinman, Ozzie. Book: One Way Ticket to Kansas. Here is a link for the book itself and the author, Great book for BPD highly recommended.
- Warshak, Dr. Richard. Book: Divorce Poison. www.divorcepoison.com
- Williams, Mary Beth, Ph.D., LCSW, CTS and Soili Poijula, Ph.D.Book: The New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook; The PTSD Workbook. A very intense workbook and very descriptive of PTSD. A lengthy process that should be done at a person's individual pace.