Please excuse our appearance.  We are rebuilding our website to provide a more userfriendly site.  If you need to reach us immediatley, please email us at

Site Menu
Parental Alienation Support & Intervention

Becoming a Chapter Leader

Starting and Setting up a Local Chapter

Below is information that you need about starting a Local Chapter, getting your emails, accessing your bank and PayPal accounts.

First, Local Chapters requirements include the following:

  1. Provide your complete contact information and story, including an emergency contact number.  Use the form letter that was sent to you separately.
  2. Chapter representatives MUST be a paying member of the nonprofit.  Annual Membership link
  3. The position of President must be established or find someone who is willing to take command.  Do NOT be afraid to delegate responsibilities to others.  Thereafter, the following positions in the chapter will eventually need to be filled.   As you get yourself organized, please send me updates.
    1. President
    2. Vice President – helpful to have but not necessary right away.
    3. Secretary – not needed right away
    4. Treasurer – optional
    5. Legislative Committee
    6. Webpage management
    7. And any other position you think might be useful (optional)
  4. Establish a monthly regular meeting. Remember to mention that you are part of a 501(c)(3) non-profit when asking for a free space to hold meetings.  You can do as many a month as you would like in as many places but You must meet live once a month.  Try to establish a set day, time and place so that you can announce it on your state’s webpage.  You can also do special events that I can put announcements about up.
  5. Speaking of website, each chapter has their own main webpage, that you will be able to edit and add other pages under it such as an announcement page and a resources page. You will have access to upload any information these as you wish to.  Once established, a link to the chapter webpage will be sent with instructions.  If you need help with the pages, weekly has free tech support and I also can provide help with what I know.
  6. Check with your state to see if you need to obtain a Trade Certificate, or other form of doing business from your state.  With CT, we obtained it from the town clerk and it was just $8.  But some states do NOT have this option and you have to do it a different way.   Some may not require anything at all.  Remember, this is a NON-PROFIT (or NON-STOCK) corporation and so forms are different.  And remember, you are a subsidiary of the parent organization, PAS Intervention.  If you get stuck on this, let me know and I will figure it out.
  7. Please have a personal email or work email that you would like to use for communications.  We may consider going back to having a chapter email but not at this time.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at

Warmest regards,


Joan T. Kloth-Zanard

Executive Director/Founder

PAS Intervention